How to make this proud podium cake
- Cut a 26cm square sponge cake in half.
- Beat 500g of margarine, a drop of vanilla essence and 4 cups of icing sugar together to form a rich butter icing.
- Set ¼ of this aside.
- Sandwihc the two halves on top of one another using some jam or icing.
- Cut away at the sides to form the 3 diferent podium levels.
- Ice the cake all over with the white icing you have mixed.
- Spilt the ¼ of icing you set aside into 5 equal parts and colour each blue, green, red, yellow and black using food colouring.
- Use a piping bak for each of these colours to ice the Olympic rings on the front of teh podium. use the black icing to ice 1st, 2nd and 3rd place markers on the podium too.
- Plastic medals can be bought from selected toy stores and party shops. Place these on the podium or leave space for candles.
Disclaimer: The advice on this site is for information purposes only. Please consult your health professional.