- 250g couscous
- 1 tsp butter
- 10cm cucumber, diced
- A handful of basil (optional)
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
1. Place the couscous in a bowl and add boiling water until the couscous is covered.
2. Leave for 5 minutes, add a bit of butter and stir with a fork.
3. Let the mixture cool, then add the cucumber, garlic and basil.
4. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pour over couscous and serve.
McKerron, Sarah, and Rupert McKerron. Savvy Kids Menus. Mcnab's Wellth, 2007.